The Ink Drinkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ink Drinkers

A haven for Twilight lovers of all kinds. A place to role-play and write fanfiction to your heart's content.

BlogHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how to play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Queen of Angst
Chasing inspiration around the room
Queen of Angst

Female Number of posts : 377
Humor : silence is golden; duct tape is silver...
Registration date : 2008-03-19

how to play Empty
PostSubject: how to play   how to play Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am

Remember how i said you couldn't mess with pairings in the Canon Compliant forum? Well, here's the place to do it. Let your imagination fly free here. Any pairing, including slash ones, are welcome.

Be good please. Swearing is okay, but only a little. I get that sometimes it's hard not to when you're role-playing, but keep it to a minimum. Thanks!

Stay in character. The whole point of role-playing is being another person, so stick to that person!

You can be more than one character, but if you are, tell people which character you are at the top of your post. That makes it less confusing.

Try to keep non role-playing talk to a minimum. I know it needs to be done, but try not to overdo it. It takes away from the story!

I think that's it.
~ Queen of Angst
Back to top Go down
https://inkdrinkersunite.forumotion.com
Queen of Angst
Queen of Angst

how to play Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to play   how to play Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

One more note: please please PLEASE try not to switch from third person to first or visa-versa. it's odd and more than a little irritating. i know that you don't mean it, but please make an effort to catch it when it happens. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Queen of Angst
Queen of Angst

how to play Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to play   how to play Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm posting a lot of rules in here, aren't I? I've just noticed that a lot of different symbols are being used. I'm going to lay down a few groundrules here:

*[type here]* means that it's mental communication, as in, people thinking things to other people.

(([type here])) means that it's non role-playing talk, as in, actual members talking to each other. This should be at the beginning of the post, if it's there at all.

[type here] means that it's private communication between two people, as in, two people who can mentally talk only to each other. When this is used, it should be clear who the two people are without any names.

'[type here]' means it's a private thought, as in, not one designed to be overheard by anyone.

thanks people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how to play Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to play   how to play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to play
Page 1 of 1